Dan TravelView all articles by Dan Travel
Denver International Airport Information
- Official Web site
- (303) 342-2000
- Airport security guidelines
- Average wait times at security checkpoints are available at (303) 342-8477 and on the airport's home page.
- Tip: If the security screening areas in the Central Terminal look crowded, try going through a checkpoint on the walkway bridge to Terminal A. From Terminal A, you can hop a train to Terminals B and C.
The airport is 23 miles from downtown Denver.
Passenger pick-up: Drivers picking up passengers can wait for up to 45 minutes in the free waiting lot -- on Pena Boulevard about 12 miles from the terminal -- until the passenger arrives and makes cell phone contact.
Cheapest: The Pikes Peak Shuttle Lot is $1 an hour, $5 daily; overflow parking is at the Mount Elbert Shuttle Lot. Free shuttle to the terminals runs every 15 minutes.
Most convenient: For meeting or dropping off passengers, the Short Term East and West lots are immediately adjacent to the terminal and $3 an hour; there's no overnight parking. Overnight parking in the East and West garages is $18 a day.
Valet parking: $11 for the first hour, $2 for each additional hour and $27 daily. Drop off your car at Arrivals Level 4.
Check parking availability: (303) 342-7275 or tune to the airport radio channel at 540 AM.
Restrictions: Denver International will restrict parking within 300 feet of the terminals when the U.S. government deems the national security risk "severe" or "high." Find the current risk level.
Bus: The RTD's skyRide bus service costs $6 to $10, depending on where you're going. A trip between the airport and downtown is $8 one-way and $14 round trip. Buses load on Level 5 at Door 511 on the east side. Call (303) 299-6000.
Shuttle: Service between the airport and downtown Denver costs $19 one way and $34 round trip. If you're skiing, sample fares are about $70 to Vail and $60 to Breckenridge.
Cab: A taxi to downtown Denver will cost around $50.
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty are on level 5 of the Jeppesen Terminal.
Fill up your gas tank at the full-service station on Pena Boulevard. To get there, follow the signs for Car Rental.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Navigate the airport with terminal maps. The airport has moving walkways and a train that circulate among its three concourses. (Tip: The train's center cars are usually less congested than the end cars.)
Wireless Internet: Available from AT&T throughout the airport.
Lost and found: Sixth level of the main terminal's southeast corner, (303) 342-4062. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Traveler assistance: Volunteer "hospitality ambassadors" in white cowboy hats roam the airport to help travelers. There's also an information booth in the Jeppesen Terminal. (303) 342-0400.
Storage: Stash the skis and large baggage on the fifth level of the Jeppesen Terminal's southeast end. Call (303) 342-5858.
Medical: The Denver Health Medical Center is on the sixth level of the Jeppesen Terminal in the northwest corner. It's open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays.
Pets: Walk your dogs in the pet exercise areas outside door 216, Jeppesen Terminal west, and door 217, Jeppesen Terminal east.
Post office: Terminal Level 6, open 7 a.m. - 5 p.m Monday through Saturday. Mailboxes also are in concourses A, B and C.
Banking: The Public Service Credit Union is on Level 6 of the Jeppesen Terminal. ATMs are in concourses A, B and C and on terminal levels 5 and 6.
- Rent a DVD and a DVD player at InMotion Pictures, located in concourses A and B.
- If it's after hours in Denver, head to Creative Croissant on Terminal Level 5, which is open 24 hours.
- Denver's airport houses an impressive public art display, including 26 murals, sculptures and installations by 39 artists.
- Leave it to action-oriented Denver to make room in its airport for Bikekulture (Concourse B mezzanine), a store devoted to "the art, history, culture and romance of cycling."
- Get a backrup at A Massage in concourses A and B.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
- Nashville International Airport
- Memphis International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport