Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport Information
- Official Web site
- (734) 247-7678
- Airport security guidelines and travel tips
- Check-in tip: The Westin Hotel connected to the McNamara Terminal features a private entrance to the gate areas and its own federal passenger security screening checkpoint.
Detroit Metro is 25 miles from downtown Detroit.
If you're using the Ambassador Bridge: Take I-96 West to I-94 West (Chicago) to Metro Airport exit.
If you're using the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel: Jefferson Avenue to US-10 (Lodge Freeway) to I-94 West (Chicago) to Metro Airport exit.
- Get a map of the airport area
- Check traffic reports
- Passenger pick-up: DTW has two cell phone waiting lanes. The one most convenient to Smith Terminal is located on inbound Rogell Drive. The area most convenient to McNamara Terminal is on inbound Dingell Drive. Both areas are designated by a wide white stripe and cell phone signs.
Cheapest: Special long-term rates of $8 a day are available for designated spaces in the "Big Blue Deck," across from the L.C. Smith Terminal, or the Yellow Lot near the Berry Terminal. Regular long-term rates are $10 a day in the Big Blue Deck; $17 a day at the McNamara Terminal garage.
Most convenient: Short-term parking at the McNamara garage is $7 for up to two hours and $3/hour for each additional hour.
Valet parking: $28/day at the McNamara garage.
Parking availability: (800) 642-1978 or on 920 AM.
Cab: Taxis cost $41 to $48 to downtown Detroit and $47 to $55 to Ann Arbor.
Click to get more ground-transportation information or call (734) 942-3623.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National serve the airport on-site, and Thrifty serves it off-site.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Shuttle vans take passengers between terminals, and a new tram system and moving walkways take passengers through the McNamara Terminal.
Call the lost and found at 734-942-3669.
Check out food court offerings.
Wireless Internet access: Available throughout the McNamara and L.C. Smith terminals. It costs $7.95 for 24 hours.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- Las Vegas Mccarran International Airport
- Indianapolis International Airport
- Houston George Bush International Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- Miami International Airport