Houston George Bush International Airport
IAH is about 23 miles from downtown Houston.
- Get a map and directions
- Check traffic reports
- Passenger pick-up: Park for free in the Cell Phone Lot -- near the intersection of Will Clayton Parkway and Col. Fischer Drive -- until travelers notify you by phone that they're ready to be picked up.
Cheapest: The Parking Cents Lot (formerly the City Economy Lot) is $6 per day.
Most convenient: Hourly parking rates in the terminal parking garages are $1 for the first 1.5 hours up to a maximum of $13 per day.
Check availability: Tune to 530 AM for updates on parking availability or call (281) 233-1730.
Security: IAH will restrict parking within 300 feet of the terminals, when the U.S. government deems the national security risk "severe" or "high." Find the current risk level
Bus: The cheapest way to get around Houston is the Metro bus line, which has an IAH Express route, among others, serving the airport. Express fare is $1.50 each way. Find buses on Terminal C's south end.
Shuttle: SuperShuttle vans can be found next to baggage claim.
Taxis: Cabs can be found outside each baggage claim area.
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty serve the airport. All share a single shuttle service from the terminal to the rental car facility. Just follow the rental car signage at your terminal to catch the white and maroon buses. The facility, located on the east side of JFK Boulevard, is less than five minutes from the terminals.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Shuttle: An above-ground passenger train runs between terminals B and C; an underground inter-terminal train runs to all terminals and the Airport Marriott Hotel. Otherwise, moving sidewalks are few and far between.
Note that baggage carts, which are available for a $3 rental fee, are not permitted on the TerminaLink automated people mover or the underground Inter-Terminal Train.
Traveler assistance: IAH has multilingual service representatives to assist passengers.
Lost and found: Reach the lost and found at (281) 230-3299.
Wi-Fi: Wireless Internet service is available at Houston Bush through Sprint PCS. It's $9.95 for 24 hours and $49.95 monthly.
- Looking for food with a view?
- Bubba's Seafood Grill and Bar in Terminal C offers spicy seafood gumbo and a picture window facing the runways.
- CK's Revolving Rooftop Restaurant -- at the Houston Airport Marriott -- has a tremendous 360-degree view of the airport.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Las Vegas Mccarran International Airport
- Kansas city International Airport
- Indianapolis International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Miami International Airport