Kansas city International Airport
MCI is 20 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City, Missouri.
Cheapest: $5.50 a day in the new 15,000-space Economy Parking Lot, linked to the terminals by shuttle buses.
Most convenient: Daily garage parking is $18. Outdoor Circle parking between the terminals is $12 a day.
Short term: Garage and Circle lots are free for the first 30 minutes, $1 for the second half-hour and $2 per hour beyond that.
Security: Parking will be restricted within 300 feet of the terminals when the U.S. government deems the national security risk "severe" or "high." Find the current risk level.
More parking info: Call (816) 243-5870 or check the airport Web site.
Bus: The Metro bus connects the airport to downtown Kansas City for $1.25.
Shuttle: Several shuttle services operate out of the airport, including the KCI Shuttle, which charges $16 one way to downtown and $27 round-trip. Call (800) 243-6383.
Cab: The fare to downtown Kansas City runs about $33 to $36.
Get more information about limousine service.
RENTAL CAR COMPANIES
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty serve the airport.
GETTING AROUND AT THE AIRPORT
Red shuttle buses take passengers between terminals and between the terminals and the Circle Parking Lots; blue shuttle buses take passengers between the terminals and the Satellite Parking Lots.
Traveler assistance: KCI Airport Ambassadors in brick-red blazers offer help, directions and tips.
Lost and found: (816) 243-5215
Wireless Internet access: Wi-Fi service is available throughout the airport for free; call (816) 243-3176 for Wi-Fi support at KCI.
ATMs: Terminal A near gates 8 and 21, Terminal B near gates 36, 41 and 56, Terminal C near gates 67, 76 and 85.
- Kansas City barbecue legend Arthur Bryant is long gone, but his popular restaurants live on -- including outposts in terminals A and C. Choose between the tart Original sauce or the sweeter Rich & Spicy option.
- Just Off Vine, a jazz bar in Terminal C, displays memorabilia from the city's rich jazz history
- Other options include Boulevard Brewpub in Terminal B and the Great American Bagel Bakery -- which is open 24 hours -- in Terminal C.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- Nashville International Airport
- Houston George Bush International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Chicago Midway Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport