Las Vegas Mccarran International Airport
- Official Web site
- General Info - (702) 261-5211
- Airport security guidelines
- McCarran's SpeedCheck self-service check-in kiosks can be used for 15 airlines.
- The airport has designated checkpoint lines for first-class and disabled passengers at the A/B and D gates.
McCarran is one mile from the Strip, almost four miles from the Convention Center and five miles from downtown Las Vegas. Beware: The worst traffic in town is on Paradise Road between the Convention Center and the airport, and, of course, along the Strip.
Short-term: Metered parking is available for a maximum of three hours. The cost is 25 cents for 10 minutes and $4.50 for three hours.
Cheapest long-term: Daily parking costs $6 in the Economy lot; there's a free shuttle every 10 to 15 minutes. The shuttle stop has been relocated to Zero Level at Terminal 1. Passengers returning to the Remote Parking Lot will now follow the signs to Zero Level from the baggage claim area.
Most convenient: Covered long-term parking is $12 daily, but the garage fills up fast in the summer. Valet parking also is available for $16 per day.
More parking information: Call (702) 261-5122 or go to the airport Web site.
Yellow triangles guide motorists to the passenger pickup area across the pedestrian bridge from baggage claim. But don't leave your car there -- it'll be towed. There is short-term metered parking here too.
McCarran International will restrict parking within 300 feet of the terminals, when the U.S. government deems the national security risk "severe" or "high." Find the current risk level.
Bus: Rides cost $1.25 on Citizens Area Transit bus routes 108 or 109. Buses stop on the airport's zero level, outside the arrivals and baggage claim areas. Get maps of the routes.
Shuttle/limo: Fares are $4.50 to $5.50 to the Strip and $6.50 to $7.50 to downtown.
Cabs: Rides run about $11 to $16 to the Strip and about $23 to downtown.
Find Avis, Advantage, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Sav-mor and Thrifty at the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center. Shuttles run about every five minutes from near doors 10 and 11.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Find your way through McCarran with this airport overview.
McCarran has limited tram service within the C and D gate areas. But plan to do some hiking if you're at, say, an A gate and trying to catch a connecting flight at a C gate.
Hotel check-in: Several Vegas hotels allow guests to check in at the airport: MGM Grand, Bally's, Paris, Caesars Palace, Harrah's, Flamingo Hilton and the Rio.
Banking: Wells Fargo Bank operates a full-service branch south of the A-B security checkpoint. An ATM is available there after hours; additional ATMs are available throughout the terminal.
Wi-Fi: Free wireless Internet access is available throughout the airport for travelers with Wi-Fi-enabled computers and PDAs. Internet kiosks also can be found in the C and D gates.
Wheelchairs: Wheelchair service is provided for free. Call (702) 261-5475 or dial 5475 on a white courtesy phone.
Lost and found: Terminal 1, Level 2, above north Ticketing. Open from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. daily. Call (702) 261-5134
- Hit McCarran's 24-Hour Fitness gym in the Esplanade with a $10 day pass. If you don't have workout clothes in the carry-on, rent some for an additional $10.
- On-Site Stress Relief offers massages inside the 24-Hour Fitness facility. Prices range from $23 for a 20-minute chair massage to $85 for an hour-long table massage. Call (702) 261-3971 for more information.
- Eager to hit the links? Vegas visitors can schedule a round at one of more than 30 local golf courses at Golf Tee Times in the airport baggage claim area.
- Need some fresh air? Check out the Oxygen Bar in three locations at Terminals 1, C and D.
- McCarran offers free Wi-Fi service throughout the airport.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Salt Lake City International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- Minneapolis- St.Paul International Airport
- Houston George Bush International Airport
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
- Miami International Airport