Memphis International Airport
- Airport Web site
- (901) 922-8000
- Security guidelines
- Check-in: American, Northwest and Delta offer curbside check-in from the upper drive for ticketed passengers.
Memphis International is eight miles south of downtown Memphis.
- Cheapest: Long-term parking, available in the garage and nearby surface lots, is $11 daily. Shuttles connect the long-term lots to the terminal.
- Most convenient: Short-term garage parking is free for the first 30 minutes, then $1 per half-hour and $21 per day.
- Get more parking info: Call 1-901-922-8069 or listen to radio 1610 AM or check out the parking page on the airport Web site.
- Security: The airport will restrict parking within 300 feet of the terminals, when the U.S. government deems the national security risk "severe" or "high." Find the current risk level.
Cab: A ride to downtown Memphis costs about $21. Find cabs in front of the terminal outside the Northwest Airlines baggage claim area.
Bus/shuttle: The Memphis Area Transit Authority offers public bus service from the lower outer drive near Terminal C.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty serve Memphis International. Contact them from the airport's call station in baggage claim A, B and C.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Traveler assistance: Volunteers wearing khaki trousers, white shirts, blue suede shoes and blue sweaters bearing the "Blue Suede Service" logo provide directions and other information.
Lost and found: Call (901) 922-8050.
Wi-Fi: Wireless Internet service is available throughout the airport.
Banking: AmSouth Bank is open 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday between concourses A and B.
ATMs: Terminal B
Medical: A health clinic and first aid station, located near the Concourse B checkpoint, is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Traveling with children: All women's and men's restrooms.have baby changing tables. The restroom in the main terminal near Cinnabon and McDonald's has a nursery with a rocking chair and a crib. Childrens' play areas are in several gate areas.
- Going to Graceland? Memphis International is only a few miles from the House That Elvis Built. If you don't have time to leave the airport, the King lives on at Ticket Lobby B, where Elvis Presley's Graceland Gift & Tour Shop sells a wealth of Elvis wares and provides tour information.
- Memphis may well be the world capital of barbecue, and two popular local purveyors serve up their specialties at the airport. Check out Interstate Bar-B-Que near Gate B-16, or try Corky's Ribs and BBQ near Gate C-3 and A-23.
- Hairport, for men and women, is on level 2 between ticket lobbies B and C.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Nashville International Airport
- Minneapolis- St.Paul International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Chicago Midway Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Miami International Airport