Pittsburgh International Airport Information
Pittsburgh International often ranks at or near the top of U.S. airport surveys for its efficiency and for its pioneering Airmall.
- Official Web site
- (412) 472-3525
- Security tips
Pittsburgh International Airport is 16 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.
Cheapest: Extended parking costs $6.75 daily. Shuttles connect to the Landside Terminal.
Most convenient: Short-term lots, located just across from the Landside Terminal, cost $1 for the first hour and $3 for each additional hour, with a daily maximum of $18.
Long-term lots, located between the extended and short-term lots, are $1.50 an hour, up to a $9.75 daily maximum.
Valet parking: $24.99 for the first day; $19.99 each additional day. Located in the Short-term Parking Garage next to the rental car return.
Public transportation: Port Authority Transit buses link the airport to downtown, Oakland and Robinson Town Centre. Route 28X -- the Airport Flyer -- leaves the airport every 20 minutes. The fare is $2.25. Call (412) 442-2000 for more information.
Cab: A cab ride to downtown Pittsburgh costs around $35 to $40.
Limo: Numerous limousine services take passengers throughout western Pennsylvania and parts of Ohio and West Virginia.
RENTAL CAR COMPANIES
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty counters are on the baggage claim level of the Landside Terminal. Rental car pick-up and return areas are on the lower level of the parking garage.
Renters with babies can borrow an infant car seat from the Travelers' Aid Society, located on the Landside Terminal's baggage-claim level. A $35 deposit is required, $30 of which is refunded when the seat is returned.
GETTING AROUND AT THE AIRPORT
Pittsburgh has people movers and automated walkways that link the terminals and parking facilities.
Wi-Fi: Free wireless Internet service is available throughout airside concourses A, B, C and D, the core and the Airmall food courts, and the US Airways Club in the airside core.
ATMs: In the Landside Terminal and Airside Terminal core.
Lost and found: (412) 472-5525.
Post office: Concourse D in the Airside Terminal. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Information for disabled travelers
- The Airmall has more than 100 shops and restaurants, including Clinique, The Body Shop, Lands' End, Nine West and Victoria's Secret. And Pennsylvania has no sales tax, so knock yourself out.
- Kidsport, in Concourse C of the Airside Terminal, has video displays, books, mini-airplanes, tiny ticket counters, and a changing area and nursery.
- Relax with a foot or full body massage at XpresSpa in Concourse A outside Gate A1, and in Concourse B, outside Gate B31; also offering manicure, pedicures, skin care and waxing.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Salt Lake City International Airport
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
- Nashville International Airport
- Memphis International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport