Portland International Airport
PDX is about 12 miles from downtown Portland. The drive to or from the city center takes about 30-45 minutes during non-peak traffic hours.
Passenger pick-up: The free cell phone waiting lot at PDX is closed.
All lots for motorists are located on Airport Way with direct access to I-205. Motorcycle and bicycle parking is free.
Cheapest: The Economy Lot is $3 an hour and $8 daily (the seventh day is free). Free shuttle service connects to all terminals.
Most convenient: The parking garage next to the terminal is $24 daily and $3 per hour. It has more than 3,000 spaces.
TriMet Max Red Line: Light rail service runs every 15 minutes from PDX through downtown Portland to Beaverton. It costs $2 to get into the city on the Red Line, which has 10 Portland stops.
Shuttle/Limo: Daily, 24-hour shuttle service between PDX and downtown Portland is about $17 per passenger. Executive cars are generally available daily from 6:30 a.m. to midnight for $45 per passenger.
Cab: Five taxi companies serve the airport at all times. The fare from PDX to downtown Portland is $27 to $32.
Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, Budget and Dollar are in the Car Rental Center on the first floor of the parking garage. Alamo, National and Thrifty have kiosks just outside this area. Get more info.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Lost and Found: The office is on the baggage claim level across from carousel 10; call 503-460-4272 or 800-547-8411, Ext. 4272
Business: Airport business amenities are found at the PDX Conference Center. Fax machines, copy machines and work stations with computer ports are widely available. Standard hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wireless Internet: Get free access throughout much of the main level, including most gates, the Oregon Market and food court, and lobby areas near the north and south security checkpoints.
ATMs: Near the inspection points near Concourse A/B/C and D/E and on the lower level in baggage claim 5.
- Get a DVD and a portable player from InMotion Pictures, located in the North Lobby beyond the security checkpoint.
- The fiercely independent Powell's Bookstore has a presence in the airport. Browse the shelves in the Oregon Market or find outlets beyond the security checkpoints in Concourses C and D.
- Traveling with the kids? Stop by Creative Kidstuff, an award-winning, specialty toy store with an assortment of toys for ages 0 - 12.
- Grab a microbrew at Laurelwood Brewing Co. Pizza Pub in the Oregon Market.
- Hot dogs go gourmet at Good Dog/Bad Dog in concourses C and D.
Or Call 301-540-2021
Spread The Word
- OREGON WINE COUNTRY
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
- San Diego International Airport
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- LaGuardia Airport
- Baltimore- Washington International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport