Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Official Web site
- (206) 433-5388
- Airport security guidelines
- Peak travel times: The busiest times for departures are typically Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays from about 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Airport security express lanes: Travelers with no carry-on baggage can go right to the front of the security line.
It takes about 30 minutes, without traffic, to go between the airport and downtown Seattle or downtown Tacoma.
- Get a map and driving directions
- Check traffic reports
- Passenger pick-up: Due to the closing of two "return-to-terminal" ramps, motorists linking up with arriving passengers are advised to park in the terminal garage or use the free Cell Phone Waiting Lot on Air Cargo Road in front of the Delta Air Lines cargo building.
Cheapest: Long-term parking on garage floors 5-8 is $22 daily. Pay a fixed rate of $99 for a week.
Most convenient: Short-term parking is $2 for the first 30 minutes, $4 up to an hour, $7 for up to two hours and $30 daily.
Valet parking is no longer available at Sea-Tac. Travelers with disabilities who need help getting from parking to terminal can arrange for wheelchair service by calling (206) 824-2870 or (206) 824-2837.
Get additional information on monthly parking, disabled parking and off-site parking, or call (206) 433-5308.
Cab: Taxis between the airport and downtown Seattle cost roughly $34. A ride to Tacoma costs about $48. Passenger pick-up is on the third floor of the parking garage.
- Ground transportation options are available at the baggage-claim level.
- Heading to Seattle to begin a cruise? The Port of Seattle's cruise ship terminal is at Bell Street Pier.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz and National have on-site counters and cars.
Advantage, Dollar, Enterprise and Thrifty have on-site counters and off-site cars.
Century/Rent Rite and U Save keep counters and cars off-site.
GETTING AROUND THE AIRPORT
Kid stuff: A play area for kids -- located in the central terminal across from the Seattle Taproom -- offers foam play equipment, a family restroom and a private room with rocking chairs for parents and babies.
Lost and found: Central part of the Main Terminal, Mezzanine Level, room 6016. Call (206) 433-5312.
Find a listing of airport restaurants, banks, shopping and more
Pets: There's an outdoor pet area near baggage claim just north of the terminal.
Storage: If you need to store luggage, Ken's Baggage and Frozen Food Storage is between baggage carousels 12 and 13, beneath the escalators.
ATMs: There are 18 cash machines located throughout the main terminal, baggage claim, concourses A, B, C and D and the north and south satellites.
Wireless Internet: Wi-Fi service, provided by AT&T, is available everywhere but the subway and the upper garage floors.
Send-it-home kiosks: Mailing kiosks are located by security checkpoints for travelers who inadvertently pack prohibited items in their bags and wish to send them home.
Or Call 301-540-2021